Effective date: November 02, 2021
The Information We Collect About You
Security of My Personal Information
Access To My Personal Information
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services. The information we collect from and about you depends on how you use our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. You may request to receive information and updates about our products and services, by submitting your email address and, if you choose to, your name on our Site. In addition, you may ask us questions or submit other requests, by providing your name, email address, the nature of your request, and, optionally, information such as your company name, phone number and role (e.g., industry, investor, or media). If you use the chat feature on our Site, we will collect the information that you provide and we will store that information. We may also associate the information that you provide through the chat feature with other information that we have about you.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. When you visit our Site, we may collect the following information automatically:
- your domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site;
- links you click on the Site;
- your IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site; and
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, including to communicate with you about your use of our Site or Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To send you email marketing and newsletters about our and our affiliates’ products and services.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site are more (or less) used by users, and we will use this information to improve our Site.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or customer satisfaction purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include entities that assist us in hosting and administering the Site, providing information technology services related to the Site and Services, and entities that assist us in conducting our marketing and informational activities.
- Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our corporate affiliates.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information, including with lenders, auditors, and advisors (for example, attorneys and consultants).
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, while others are used to allow us to track your activities at our Site. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session. This allows us to process your online requests and verify your identity as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and app pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Cross-Device Use. We and our service providers, including Google, may use the information that we collect about you (whether directly from our Site, through your device(s), or from another entity) to help us and our service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer, etc.). If you use multiple devices or web browsers, you will need to opt-out each browser or device that you use.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Our Site may contain links to other entities’ websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.
Security Of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by contacting us using the information set forth under ‘Contact Us’ below. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use Of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Site is not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at:
Attn: Legal Department
611 W 22nd St, Suite 201
Houston, TX 77008
Changes To This Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.